- Provide physicians with a strong governance and leadership roles; AHN will be physician-led and physician-governed.
- Build on the capabilities of existing providers to improve the overall health of the patient populations AHN serves.
- Involve and support a strong network of excellent primary-care clinicians.
- Capitalize on the existing strengths and cost efficiency of CHI St. Vincent providers to be attractive to payers, employers and patients based on cost, quality and other key variables.
- Use a flexible vehicle to align physicians in independent community practices and those in hospital-affiliated practices.
- Provide participating physicians with network ownership opportunities.
- Partner with other physician practices, hospitals and networks locally and across Arkansas to meet payer needs.
- Remain flexible to adapt to changes occurring in the market and health care reform.